Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Alaska, baby!

Katherine and I made the journey to Anchorage to welcome the arrival of Mason Birch, the cutie baby of Heather and Logan. Katherine was fresh off of her bar exam and I was tagging along.





Mason is definetly a cute baby. As most 4-week olds, he can't do much more than eat, sleep, and cry, but he still managed to keep us very busy. Baths were one of his favorite activities in the kitchen sink.






Heather is especially busy, but already very organized and making a baby book while hosting a string of guests.

Downstairs, Mason's closet is packed full of cute clothes--so many that I had to take a picture of it.



We took a few excursions during the weekend. The fur "Rondy" was happening in Anchorage, where traditionally fur traders would rendezvous. Here is an example of pelts sold right off the sidewalk. Fur bikinis were also available year round. Katherine bought three. Ask her for the photos.



Another day we went on a hike up in the hillside. It was freezing cold, but we kept moving and Mason slept through it all.






We spotted moose on the way to another hiking area. This one pictured is the baby. Mama moose was just above it, eating some branches.

Ski-joring is a new word that I learned. It means to cross-country ski with your dog pulling you. We saw a few examples, but most people were just skiing with their dogs. This scotty dog was so cute running alongside in the snow.



Back at the house, we had much fun with the domino Train Game. In one game, the train was incredibly long and I had to take a picture.



Katherine also spent many hours holding Mason while reading. He didn't seem to mind the book and she nearly finished the entire novel during the weekend.






We left on a beautiful flight over many mountains. Hope to come back in the summer sometime. Thanks Heather and Mason for a fun visit!

3 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great recap of the weekend. Reading it and seeing pictures made me nostalgic for your visit and I miss you guys already! Thanks again for keeping me and Mason company! You are welcome back in Anchorage anytime!

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful group of pictures and account of your visit! I know Logan, Heather and Mason will be looking forward to taking you out boating in Prince William Sound on your summer trip to Alaska.

Thanks, Grandpa Chris

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Blog will become very popular with our family and friends as it is so easy for us to email the link to share photos of Mason! Sorry I missed you and Katherine, thanks for taking care of Heather! You guys are welcome anytime....

-Logan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home