Saturday, December 31, 2005

Christmas Break

Wow- it has been a long time since I've posted. For those still checking the blog, I resolve to have more updates in the New Year. Ha! Well, I will try but this has mainly become my project seeing that Dean never adds a post. What a slacker grad student.

Anyway, the Christmas tradition of going to Mt. Bachelor for skiing continued again. This is the fifth year running of a joint Stevens-Graube trip, I think. Last year at this time, Dean and I were in India for the big event, splashing around in the ocean.



This year we were joined by Al, Lori, David, and Michael, Dean's relatives from Hawaii. The boys had never seen snow before and were also excited to see their very first chipmunk. We found this to be quite funny.

The first day of skiing it was raining at the mountain, so we stayed home at the rental to build a snowman and have a good snowball fight. Other activities included scrabble playing, movie watching, and naps.





The rest of the vacation we made it up to the mountain and enjoyed the snow. We got some fresh stuff on the last day but it was hard to see anything.



Dean and Mark took a few pictures from the summit and pretended to be hard core.



Over the next three days, the Hawaiian cousins learned how to snowboard and poor Mark twisted his ankle on the last day. At the cabin, we managed to survive in the hug place ate way too much food. Thanks to Mark for the pictures.



Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home